Herne Hill Primary School boasts modern and inviting learning spaces.
- Twelve spacious classrooms
- A large multipurpose hall where school assemblies, forums, indoor sports and performing arts are held;
- Canteen (available one day a week)
- Colourful Art room
- Library and computer lab
- An impressive foundation (prep) learning space between the prep classrooms
- Language support room
- A shared gallery space for collaborative work tasks, student workshops and larger group activities
- Extensive play areas including two playgrounds, basketball courts, bat tennis and down ball courts
- A large oval and surrounding green areas for students to play
- A vegetable garden, chickens and guinea pigs
- Several shaded play areas to gain relief from hot, sunny days
- A ‘Natural Classroom’ which features indigenous plants and space for a grade of students to work amongst trees, shrubs and wild life
ON SITE KINDERGARTEN
Herne Hill Primary School is one of only a few primary schools in the state to have an onsite Kindergarten. The kindergarten moved into it’s modern, brand new, spacious building in 2012 and the committee has worked hard to establish an extensive and interesting outside play area for the children. If you would like to discuss enrolling your child at the Kindergarten, please contact Bethany on (03) 5273 0200 or go here for more details.