The Herne Hill Primary School Parents and Friends Association (PFA) provides an opportunity for parents, grandparents and carers to participate and contribute to our school community.
The PFA are a friendly group of Parents, Grandparents and Carers that meet on a regular basis to organize both fundraising and social events for our school community.
Check out the newsletter for dates when meetings are held.
Everyone is more than welcome.
- Sausage Sizzles
- Cake Stalls
- Family Disco
- Twilight Fair
- Fundraising drives; eg: Body Shop shower gel, Chocolates etc
- Family portraits
- Easy read clocks
- Christmas and Easter Raffles
Purchases from our Fundraising efforts have been:
- The Turtle in the Grade 5/6 area. The PFA provides funds for the upkeep of the Turtle.
- Air-conditioning units in the Jeff Walker Hall
- Electronic Sign at the front of the school (to be installed in 2018).
- School Marquees for use at sporting events and other school events
The PFA also contributes to the iPad Program. Each child entering Grade 3 has the opportunity to purchase an iPad through the school at a reduced rate thanks to the PFA’s contribution.
NOT FOR PROFIT EVENTS
The PFA hold a Mothers Day and Fathers Day Stall where children can purchase a gift. These stalls give the students an option to purchase a small gift. There is no profit raised from these stalls.
FRESH FRUIT FRIDAYS
Friday mornings you can find the PFA cutting fruit for Fresh Fruit Fridays.
Each class will receive a platter to share. Feel free to pop into the Artroom at 9am if you can spare some time to cut some fruit and have a chat!